Monday, April 12, 2021

Movement Trays for Infamy Infamy

To Tray or not to Tray - That is the Question!

I am just getting started with building my Infamy Infamy armies.  So far, I have finished a couple of bands of Victrix Gallic Fanatics and Armored Warriors.  Working on the Gallic Cavalry next.  When that is done it will be time to turn to the Romans.  I am going with Caesarian Romans - trying to figure out which vendor to use but the front runner looks like Warlord Games (although the Foundry figures are nice too).  The key here is to match the size of the Victrix Figures.

In preparation, I thought I would design some movement trays that I can start printing on the 3D printer.  Here is what I have come up with so far for the infantry.

One (in red) to hold 8 figures in line or column (2 up) - basically Romans.

One to hold 6 figures (orange) in a skirmish/loose formation - archers, slingers, javelins for both sides.

For the barbarians, I am trying to decide if I should use a similar line formation or more of a column/mob formation.  I think I am leaning towards the column/mob block of figures.  That one can be used as if they are in "line" to attack or if they are in "column" moving - given that they are supposed to simply be a mass of men moving.  It also keep the two unit frontages equal.

In each one, you will see that I have added 2 cut-outs for 8mm micro dice to track shock and fervor.  If I understand the rules correctly - you only need fervor for the Barbarians.  Romans don't use that relying more on their drill.

What do you think?  

If you are a seasoned player - any ideas on how these would work?  Foresee any issues or suggest any changes?  

Next to design is the cavalry tray.





No comments:

Post a Comment